Pair Bursts are now officially up and working, though some may need adjusting in the future. It took a weekend of coming back to it over and over to get it right, but I did it.
Now, though, I’ve discovered a problem. It is possible to switch your party members’ positions during battle, but it turns out that it makes everything, well, wonky. I have a couple of suspicions about the cause, so it’ll either be a very easy fix or the biggest challenge I’ve faced so far.
If I do have to gut the character switching, though, it won’t be all bad. Frankly, the system I had to use is ugly and weird to use. I didn’t necessarily want to change it, though, because this is a prototype, and it technically works.
Well, on we go.